The battered MAID that is Copan has found a refuge inside SGI. For the amazingly low sum of $2m SGI gets most of the assets and assumes a few of Copan's liabilities. It will keep Copan's Longmont, Colorado, office and hire some of Copan's staff but will not pay off any of Copan's debts. SGI will use Copan's Massive Array of …
Will treasure my CopanSys leatherman multitool :)
Seems like a good fit. I bet SGI has a lot of customers that deal with massive amounts of data, and a bunch of them probably really want to get that stuff backed up somehow. Copan has some really interesting looking technology, though it seems you need a truly massive amount of data to really take advantage of it.
dedupe isn't the solution to everything, it only applies to certain situations, a lot of data sets are very unique and don't de-dupe well(or at all).
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!
- Video WATCH the SILENT DEATH of mystery SPACE CRUMBLE asteroid