IBM mainframes can now send backed-up data to a deduping virtual tape library instead of physical tape. Big Blue has combining its Diligent deduplication and virtual tape library functionality in the TS7680 ProtecTIER deduplication gateway. No changes are needed to backup processes on on the Z/OS mainframe but some modification …
Fujitsu Eternus CS (CentricStor as was)
Fujitsu tell me that, as well as the CS800 having deduplication, so do the the Eternus CS1000 - CS5000 models.
Luminex front ends
Sent to me:
"Some companies use Luminex front ends for the data domains to do mainframe deduping. It works wonderfully."
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked