IBM mainframes can now send backed-up data to a deduping virtual tape library instead of physical tape. Big Blue has combining its Diligent deduplication and virtual tape library functionality in the TS7680 ProtecTIER deduplication gateway. No changes are needed to backup processes on on the Z/OS mainframe but some modification …
Fujitsu Eternus CS (CentricStor as was)
Fujitsu tell me that, as well as the CS800 having deduplication, so do the the Eternus CS1000 - CS5000 models.
Luminex front ends
Sent to me:
"Some companies use Luminex front ends for the data domains to do mainframe deduping. It works wonderfully."
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market