IBM mainframes can now send backed-up data to a deduping virtual tape library instead of physical tape. Big Blue has combining its Diligent deduplication and virtual tape library functionality in the TS7680 ProtecTIER deduplication gateway. No changes are needed to backup processes on on the Z/OS mainframe but some modification …
Fujitsu Eternus CS (CentricStor as was)
Fujitsu tell me that, as well as the CS800 having deduplication, so do the the Eternus CS1000 - CS5000 models.
Luminex front ends
Sent to me:
"Some companies use Luminex front ends for the data domains to do mainframe deduping. It works wonderfully."
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests