Acer has extended the duration of its International Travel Warranty - a support package intended to cover users against hardware failures that may hit its laptops used outside the country they were purchased in. The cover, which previously was limited to three months of travel, now runs to a full 12 months of overseas usage. …
I bought an Acer netbook from the UK and had it shipped to Australia in June last year. I contacted both the vendor and Acer Australia when the hdd died recently, and Acer agreed to repair it - even paying for shipping. They claimed to be unable to reinstall the original linux os install; I should get the machine back next week.
So, it seems that the new policy may already have been unofficially implemented already - I had been fearing that I might need to pay for return shipping to the UK.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM