back to article Twitter phish pwned profiles push penis pills

Twitter users were hit by potent phishing attacks over the weekend that have already led to spam runs from compromised accounts. Miscreants posted messages disguised as humorous updates on the Twitter micro-blogging service as part of an ongoing attack that started on Saturday. The messages - which featured phrases such as "Lol …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Lol

I have a tendency to aproach with caution anything that starts off 'Lol'.

There are one or two people I know who use it along with 'AOL' but they are also unlikely to send links without any reference to what the site is. (and I don't use Twatter). Those who do use 'Lol' a lot are also those who frequently send chain-mail and pictures of cats with accompanying 'Awwww, so CUTE!!!!!'. WTF do they need knob-pills for? I'd rather they didn't reproduce.

Anonymous Coward

The blame is 50/50 between users and site owners

I've seen the 'gold' membership thing on Facebook. Had a look and I could tell it wasn't right. But there is nothing on a group page to show its endorsed by Facebook or just a user's group.

Maybe we should have a gullibility test for users. Ask them a series of questions, such as "you have won 5 million quid, please enter your credit card details to claim your prize" and kick everyone off the net who types in their info.

Silver badge
Thumb Up

These scammers....

....sure do know their market audience.

You've got to give them credit for that much.

Anonymous Coward

We know the real problem

twitters = twats

Oh no! My Twitter account compromised!

How will I ev Oh look! A squirrel!

FAIL

twat meme

oh my, you are a card, I bet the hours just fly by in your house.

lol

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums