Samsung reckons it will be the first company to release a 1080p LED-backlit 3D TV in Europe. The South Korean giant will begin shipping 3D-capable kit in Europe in March, with additional members of its existing 8 and 7 series of LED TVs and 6-series LCDs. It will also release a 3D Blu-ray player, the BD-C6900. 3D plasmas TVs …
Here we go again...
I don't like the way that the industry is going with this whole 3D thing. It's far too gimmicky for my liking. Sure, it works for certain films/programs but not for mainstream TV/Movies.
I just hope people see some sense and don't jump on the bandwagon. If they do, you'll all end up paying for it in one way or another.
My TV is already 3D
Although the picture isn't.
Freeview HD or Freesat
This set will need a higher bandwidth delivery - will it be Freeview HD or Freesat ?
Come on El Reg, question the suppliers, don't just repoduce their PR documents...
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination