Feeds

back to article Double-Take disaster recovery takes to the clouds

Server systems can now be protected against failure with Double-Take replication to servers in Amazon's cloud. Double-Take provides replication software to copy a local physical or virtual server's disk writes to a remote server so that, should the local server fail, the remote one can be started up with up-to-date data. Dean …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

I ::heart:: tulips

"Double-Take provides replication software to copy a local physical or virtual server's disk writes to a remote server so that, should the local server fail, the remote one can be started up with up-to-date data."

Hang on a sec ... ::does a double take:: ... Shirley we've been doing that for donkey's years, all over pretty much everywhere, but without exposing corporate data to the planet? Haven't we?

Fools, money, yadda, etc., dot dot dot.

Silver badge

NIRobotIQs Networks InterNetworking with Rock and Rolling Stone ......

"Double-Take provides replication software to copy a local physical or virtual server's disk writes to a remote server so that, should the local server fail, the remote one can be started up with up-to-date data."

Up-to-date future additional data would be Real SMART for Virtual Reality ProVision ..... with CyberIntelAIgents Supply.*

ITs a Grateful Deadhead Manifestation, GCHQ?

RSVP.

Anonymous Coward

Or you could just use drbd

Thus saving yourself money, and your data from a proprietary format within a company with a poor uptime and data protection record.

FAIL

Yeah right

I can see so many corporate security teams approving that one...

Stop

What's the difference?

Sorry I don't see the difference between this and any other managed service?

Can someone enlighten me?

This topic is closed for new posts.