Microsoft and Yahoo! today announced their web search deal has cleared both EU and US competition hurdles, despite complaints from Google. The pair said they will now get to work implementing the 10-year deal, which was announced last July and will see Redmond's Bing power searches across the Yahoo! web empire. Today's …
End of an era
"Google, which owns about 70 per cent of the search advertising market, has publicly claimed that the tie-up will harm competition"
If i know anyone who uses Yahoo search I will encourage them to go with Google now. Bing is rubbish!
Since the Hotmail login fiasco I have been advising people they should leave Hotmail. Several people have already had their accounts hacked this year and this login fiasco takes the biscuit!
So instead of breaking up Google, we allow MS & Yahoo to merge. I love this place.
I see Microsoft starting to use their continuing desktop monopoly to push their search business. Watch them build the searching into the OS and make it "difficult" to remove, such that you have to use their search rather than a competitors.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM