The Competition Commission has cleared ITV's sale of FriendsReunited to Brightsolid - a subsidiary of DC Thomson the publisher of the Beano. The competition concerns were not about comics but genealogy - Brightsolid owns find my past.com and the 1911 census site while FriendsReunited runs Genes reunited. Combining the two …
once a beast
such a shame about FR as it was genius in it's day!
but charging £5 to send a message killed them off....and a old site design....and too many adverts.....and being owned by itv....
they surely cannot ever recover...
Lost their way
Apart from the £5 charge, what really made Friends R. so much less interesting was simply that they took the interesting bit away. The bit where people could really reminisce about their old schools.
Now it's just a glorified bulletin board.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great