Salesforce.com is offering 100 companies the chance to beta test its collaboration software Chatter - a kind of Facebook for businesses. Chatter includes elements of social networking with worker profiles, status updates as well as connecting with other networks like Twitter and Facebook. It can also link to other Salesforce …
"Facebook for businesses"
... isn't that LinkedIn ?
Chatter + studentforce + MOBILE.
Clearly, the most adept group of users [students] will benefit from this deployment; as will the universities that seek their interest and participation. Chatter is a huge boost for retention initiatives.
Imagine the power of Chatter for students who can now share; classes, study groups, assignment projects, social interests, curricula, career aspirations, content, research, etc., in a SECURE environment; flexible enough for personalization while leveraging a common security and data model?
And what happens when the student graduates? A shared platform for Alumni relations; business partnerships and development.
A wonderful tool to engage the student from application through the entire 'student life cycle'
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers