O2 has the exclusive on HTC's Smart, a low-cost touchscreen handset that combines Qualcomm's Brew mobile platform with HTC's own Sense user interface. The budget-conscious Smart incorporates a 300MHz processor, 256MB of memory and uses Micro SD cards for storage. The screen is a 2.8in, 240 x 320 job, and there's a 3Mp camera on …
Why do O2 keep getting these damn exclusives? Not that I'm worried when it's a budget phone so much, but take the iPhone and the Pre for example.
O2 is a shit network - no dont try and tell me otherwise, we used to have them at work and after 3 years of managing the shitheap of phones we had with little or no help from our O2 account managers I got sick of it. Network has been at bursting point since the iPhone exclusive and the data network is so slow it's not worth bothering with. Not to mention the shit coverage of 3G cells, which is openly viewable on the OFCOM coverage maps that were done recently.
It just annoys me that manufacturers get duped into doing exclusives with O2. It puts people off buying the handsets. As long as no more high-end handsets fall into the trap, I guess I'm happy though (i.e. the HTC Desire and HTC Legend).
Managing our shitheap oif phones with no help from our account manager
Unless you've had major billing woes am not sure what needs managing exactly?
You use the phone, you pay the bill, thousands of consumers manage it.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars