Think SuperSpeed USB 3.0's 4.8Gb/s data transfer speed is lightning fast? You're wrong, says NEC. Today it said it had successfully demo'd a serial bus that it believes can hit 16Gb/s. Like USB 3.0, NEC's technology sends data as a stream of binary 1s and 0s. NEC actually demonstrated a chip capable of maintain such a data rate …
Yeah, clever boffins!
So, er, see you in 2016 then for superspeed USB 4.
You hear that? That's the sound of a patent being filed!
Wrong way round
The physics is dead simple. The maths is not too bad. The engineering required to make it work is phenomenal.
Wouldn't make any difference on stupid vista, still get mega slow file transfer rates.
quit moaning and use robocopy.
U dont really believe all the crap that was said about Vista do ya ?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth