Verizon Wireless has joined forces with Skype to allow select BlackBerry and Android phones to make internet calls across its 3G network starting in March. On Tuesday, the pair announced new smartphone software called Skype Mobile, which will let US Verizon customers with data plans make free Skype-to-Skype calls across the …
SKYPE archiving all messages ?
since they are going to be running I suspect the US DOJ and FBI will be very interested !
Re: SKYPE archiving all messages ?
Quite strange to be paranoid about archiving messages, then signing your post with your real name, no?
Now we know
Now we know why skype did not make an app for blackberies for bloody years.
they were waiting for an exclusive deal
I suspect it is not VOIP as such
Most likely they use a proxy - same as 3 in the UK.
Not handset skype though
This is probably the same as 3's skype offering, where the Voice to IP is actually done by the carrier and not the handset.
And Skype is well known to let security and law agenices in through it's revolving back door.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?