Verizon Wireless has joined forces with Skype to allow select BlackBerry and Android phones to make internet calls across its 3G network starting in March. On Tuesday, the pair announced new smartphone software called Skype Mobile, which will let US Verizon customers with data plans make free Skype-to-Skype calls across the …
SKYPE archiving all messages ?
since they are going to be running I suspect the US DOJ and FBI will be very interested !
Re: SKYPE archiving all messages ?
Quite strange to be paranoid about archiving messages, then signing your post with your real name, no?
Now we know
Now we know why skype did not make an app for blackberies for bloody years.
they were waiting for an exclusive deal
I suspect it is not VOIP as such
Most likely they use a proxy - same as 3 in the UK.
Not handset skype though
This is probably the same as 3's skype offering, where the Voice to IP is actually done by the carrier and not the handset.
And Skype is well known to let security and law agenices in through it's revolving back door.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad