back to article Steve Jobs anoints official biographer

Steve Jobs has put himself on a par with Albert Einstein and Benjamin Franklin in anointing the man he would like to write his official biography. Maybe. The New York Times reports that Jobs is to collaborate with Walter Isaacson, a former editor of Time and ex-chairman and CEO of CNN, on an authorised biography. The Times …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Gates Horns

Surely, "The book of Job"

From Wikipedia: "It relates the story of Job, his trials at the hands of the Satan, his theological discussions with friends on the origins and nature of his suffering, his challenge to God, and finally a response from God. "

in this context, Satan would be Bill Gates, and God would be Steve Wozniak?

Thumb Up

"The Book of Jobs"

Hmm, "The Book of Jobs" would be an awesome title. I didn't think it possible that anyone could come up with anything more epic than "iCon".

Jobs Horns

Yanking mag for the fanbois

The rest of us know he's a twat.

Thumb Up

twat indeed

Accurate and to the point.

KISS wins out

Jobs Horns

iDon'tCareAboutHisLifeStory

Expect it to have a slightly shinier cover than most hardbacks, cost 3 times as much and be written in a proprietary DRM-encoded language that can only be read if you buy a pair of Apple iEyes.

Gates Horns

Usual pattern

It will be announced well before delivery, leading to much speculation.

So many people will want it that there will be queues when it goes on sale.

People will critise it even if it is an interesting product. Bill Gates will hate it.

It will be easy to use.

It won't have a replaceable battery.

It won't be cheap.

Silver badge
Happy

@ Usual pattern

You forgot one:

It'll be obsoleted by a new edition in 4 months.

(I keed, I keed, look! I'm smiling!)

Joke

@ Usual pattern

You missed the most important one:

- You'll only be able to read it the way his Jobsness tells you to

Can we get...

..assurances that Jobs will die before this is published? I hate starting an incomplete book/series. You never know when an author will die, best to cover all the subject matter before publishing.

Grenade

Can be arranged...

If you have enough money and know the right people. I unfortunately have neither.

AC for obvious reasons, don't want a price on my head from all the fanboys because I suggested taking out Pope Steve I of Twat.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums