Flash product supplier Super Talent is putting together a de-featured RAIDdrive to deliver USB 3.0 speed for less than $70. The new USB 3.0 Express Drive will come in 16GB and 32GB capacities and measure 62 x 37 x 7.5 mm, like two USB thumb drives packed side by side in a smaller version of Super Talent's RAIDDrive. The new …
| 600GB movie |
4 a sec I thght i was reading a Review of Caprica Pilot on SyFy..... ...
Faster than the speed of thought
"The theoretical maximum USB 3.0 transfer speed is 480Gbit/s, meaning 480MB/sec"
USB 3.0 Transfer Speeds
The top transfer mode of USB 3.0 is 4.8Gbps (not 480). The raw throughput will likely be somewhere between 3.2 - 4.0 Gbps. Dividing this by eight to convert bits-per-second into bytes-per-second gives a transfer rate around 0.4 GB/s or 400 MB/s. So 1 point for trying then.
Plz Explain This ?
so copying the 600GB movie to the Express Drive in the first place will be maybe three to four times as long as the time needed for reading it.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat