iPad "equivalent" for Win 7???
- Is Win 7 or this Archos tablet always on? No.
- Is Win 7 instant on? No, about 2.5 minutes to boot on the processor...
- Is it touch optimize and designed? No.
- Will it support auto rotate? Possibly, though many apps have issues with this.
- Can you share licenses with your other PCs? No.
- Can I get 3G data without a contract for $29? No.
- Does it require near zero maintenance like an iPad? No.
- 1/2" in think? no.
- under 1.5lbs? No.
- 10+ hours watching video over wifi? No, just over 2 hours, with WiFi OFF.
- 30 days standby? well, yes likely, since it's not always on...
- 1024x768? Nope, only 1024x600.
- 720P h.264 decode support? Oh, sorry, no on the GMA... Can't even do 420p.
- GPU? Nope.
- Processor to compete with A4/2GHz snapdragon? Nope, Atom 1.1Ghz... especially with only 1GB RAM for Win7, ouch!
- 32GB storage? Nope, it;s 60GB drive has only 25GB free out of the box...
Other than it has a touchscreen, it seems Archos saved EVERY expense. It competes with an iPad in ZERO categories. It;s slower, bulkier, 1/5th the battery, not IPS, lower resolution, less storage, no native 3G, and to top it all off, MORE expensive. Most regular nebooks are faster, lighter, and cheaper. EPIC FAIL.