Microsoft's plan to become a credible number two to Google in online search could be a step closer. Reuters has reported that Microsoft is expected to secure approval for its 10-year search pact with Yahoo!, as a European Union deadline to approve or reject the deal approaches on February 19. A source quoted by Reuters said: "I …
Credible number 2 BS
What's a credible second place in a running race or any other competitive game? Perhaps performing at 90%+ the speed of the winner.
Performing at around 50% of the winner is hardly second place. It is just head of the loser pack.
MS+Yahoo are now only 60-odd percent of what they could have been two years back so they're heading in the wrong direction. Together they'll sink faster.
Why do Register commentators
have to consistently exaggerate Bing's market share and what a threat it constitutes to Google ? According to StatCounter (http://preview.tinyurl.com/yazzc46 ), both Bing and Yahoo hover around 9 %, while Google enjoys some 80 % of the US market. Worldwide market-share statistics are even more revealing (and presumably disheartening for Microsoft), over 90 % for Google, around 4 % each for Yahoo and Bing....
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'