back to article Motorola hands itself divorce papers - again

Motorola has finally set itself a date to breakup, and plans to divest itself of itself in the first quarter of next year. In the meantime, the firm will "separate into two independent, publicy traded companies." One will bring together its mobile devices and home businesses, while the other will cover its enterprise mobility …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Paris Hilton

Have you given up on proof reading?

We'll leave it to you to decide whether [their] means the enterprise business is expecting to be swallowed up by someone else before [two] long.

Even Paris would have spotted those!

Go

The Salesman That...

...brings you a briefcase full of swag cannot be supported in a consumer marketplace. "There's an Inverse Value rule at work," says Mrs. Zeke.

Separating a culture of high ticket service gear from a volume and value driven marketplace could benefit both parts of the company.

Culture clash killed what AOL Time Warner could have been. Maybe Motorola can dodge that bullet.

I have a name for the "Enterprise Mobility" division

Symbol Technologies.

That is all.

Stop

Motorola is like IBM....

One of those companies that doesn't seem to have a purpose anymore and is bewildering to fathom how it actually stays in business.

I feel sorry for people that buy Motorola mobile phones, as they have obviously been duped by someone at Carphone Warehouse that needs to shift some units.

Like most people, my first mobile phone was a Motorola (way back in 1996), and it was also my last Motorola phone.

I would expect the whole thing to be swallowed up within the next 5 years.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums