Toshiba's Satellite U500-1EX has become the latest notebook to hop onto the touchscreen bandwagon. The laptop's 13.3in display is multi-touch capable. Toshiba's Satellite U500-1EX Toshiba's Satellite U500-1EX: multi-touch sensitive Control comes courtesy of Windows 7's Touch Pack add-on. The 1280 x 800 resolution screen is …
Notice the fancy hinge mechanism, designed to lower the centre of gravity when the screen is up, thus making the machine more stable when you prod it... Just like a Psion!
The technology may have come along 13 years, but qwerty touchscreen devices still face the same physical problems, made worse when the screen extends up so much higher from the base, I would imagine.
How is this different?
I seem to recall computers like this called "Tablet PCs" some time ago
Good Lord, that looks UGLY!
Oh come on...
When was the last time Toshiba ever made anything that looked nice?
That is all...
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?