Toshiba's Satellite U500-1EX has become the latest notebook to hop onto the touchscreen bandwagon. The laptop's 13.3in display is multi-touch capable. Toshiba's Satellite U500-1EX Toshiba's Satellite U500-1EX: multi-touch sensitive Control comes courtesy of Windows 7's Touch Pack add-on. The 1280 x 800 resolution screen is …
Notice the fancy hinge mechanism, designed to lower the centre of gravity when the screen is up, thus making the machine more stable when you prod it... Just like a Psion!
The technology may have come along 13 years, but qwerty touchscreen devices still face the same physical problems, made worse when the screen extends up so much higher from the base, I would imagine.
How is this different?
I seem to recall computers like this called "Tablet PCs" some time ago
Good Lord, that looks UGLY!
Oh come on...
When was the last time Toshiba ever made anything that looked nice?
That is all...
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- iPad? iFAD! NOW we know why Apple went running to IBM
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball