Microsoft and Apple were hit with an infringement claim yesterday from Emblaze, after the Israeli tech outfit accused the companies of violating its streaming media US patent. At the same time Emblaze, which owns Magic Software and Matrix IT, offered Microsoft and Apple the opportunity to licence the technology, reports Reuters …
All your bases are belong to us.
Kill these bastards
Yet another patent troll. Why don't these get put away under the rock they crawled from?
"Why don't these get put away under the rock they crawled from?"
Because it's the same rock Apple & Microsoft live under. Just sit back and enjoy the fireworks. (or invent a better patent system).
"Israeli tech outfit" + "US patent" = Fail
If i were running the show, there foreign companies wouldn't hold US patents, period... Overseas outfit? No US presence? No Offices in the US? No Fucking US patent, now step on...
As much as I hate the idea of software patents
I do enjoy seeing these big fat patentards being hoist on their own proverbial.
It is these incumbent IT companies who are pushing the whole sorry mess, so it is fitting that the get burnt by it.
emblaze bought my house
back in the heady days of the tech boom, i bought some emblaze ( then geo interactive media ) shares for 40p - sold them for £30 about 8 months later - shortly before they crashed to about 15p.... lovely!
US office: 2 University Plaza, Suite 201, Hackensack, NJ 07601
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK