PayPal India has used another blog post to update customers mystified as to why personal payments have been switched off. The payment service confirmed that the shutdown was because of questions over whether personal payments are remittances - payments from ex-pat Indian workers. The blog warned that personal payments would …
An' don' let the facking door hit you in the gob on the way oot!
Do you ever get the feeling...
...that handling money isn't something that Paypal is very good at?
The problem that the Indian regulators are concerned about is obvious - Indian "seller" lists some tat and "sells" it but never ships it because the "buyer" is only concerned about sending money into India...
A nice end-run around India's byzantine currency regulations but I'd guess in theory this would work to funnel money into most countries to pay for "services"
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA