China Mobile has placed an order for three million "RF SIM" devices, confirming that we won't be seeing NFC in China any time soon. Near Field Communications World reports that China Mobile has placed the order for RF SIM chips, which come from Directel and compete with the Nokia-backed Near Field Communications (NFC) standard …
So the Chinese want to be able to read my SIM card even when the phone is off?
Did you even read the article?
They bought a metric f**kton of "RF SIM" which needs to draw power from the phone to function.
So, actually, no, they couldn't give a flying f**k about you, your sim, or your battery status.
Oh frabjous joy
Now I can be parted with my sim-carried money, which I love to stuff there because it frees me from knowing how much I have left, from a hundred metres away. RF SIM is such a wonderful idea, I say. Where can I sign up please?
Range of 5 to 100m
With such a range, tracking of people can be quite nice and easy. Perfect for Chinese government. I think our beloved control freak, UK.gov, will jump on the bandwagon quite soon also.
@Range of 5 to 100m
It is a mobile phone, they can detect you much further then that!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS