WAN optimization appliance maker Riverbed Technology has taken the wraps off its Steelhead 7050 boxes, which sport the first solid state disks used in such an appliance as well as 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the data center side and over 1 Gb/sec of WAN bandwidth on the wide side. The Steelhead 7050s come in two flavors. Both …
Not the first WAN acceleration device with SSDs
"sport the first solid state disks used in such an appliance"
Erm, not quite - you're about 6 months late. One of the only UK players in the market (ApplianSys) have been using SSDs since last summer in their high end appliances.
"The next generation of CACHEbox appliances includes the CACHEbox220 and the CACHEbox230, the first web cache servers to use solid state drives (SSD) to deliver over 2,500 HTTP requests per second in the 1U format."
Shame on you El Reg for pimping a US company whilst ignoring UK competitors.
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware
- Ice, ice maybe: Evidence of 'Grand Canyon' glacier FOUND ON MARS