WAN optimization appliance maker Riverbed Technology has taken the wraps off its Steelhead 7050 boxes, which sport the first solid state disks used in such an appliance as well as 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the data center side and over 1 Gb/sec of WAN bandwidth on the wide side. The Steelhead 7050s come in two flavors. Both …
Not the first WAN acceleration device with SSDs
"sport the first solid state disks used in such an appliance"
Erm, not quite - you're about 6 months late. One of the only UK players in the market (ApplianSys) have been using SSDs since last summer in their high end appliances.
"The next generation of CACHEbox appliances includes the CACHEbox220 and the CACHEbox230, the first web cache servers to use solid state drives (SSD) to deliver over 2,500 HTTP requests per second in the 1U format."
Shame on you El Reg for pimping a US company whilst ignoring UK competitors.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops