WAN optimization appliance maker Riverbed Technology has taken the wraps off its Steelhead 7050 boxes, which sport the first solid state disks used in such an appliance as well as 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the data center side and over 1 Gb/sec of WAN bandwidth on the wide side. The Steelhead 7050s come in two flavors. Both …
Not the first WAN acceleration device with SSDs
"sport the first solid state disks used in such an appliance"
Erm, not quite - you're about 6 months late. One of the only UK players in the market (ApplianSys) have been using SSDs since last summer in their high end appliances.
"The next generation of CACHEbox appliances includes the CACHEbox220 and the CACHEbox230, the first web cache servers to use solid state drives (SSD) to deliver over 2,500 HTTP requests per second in the 1U format."
Shame on you El Reg for pimping a US company whilst ignoring UK competitors.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder