WAN optimization appliance maker Riverbed Technology has taken the wraps off its Steelhead 7050 boxes, which sport the first solid state disks used in such an appliance as well as 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the data center side and over 1 Gb/sec of WAN bandwidth on the wide side. The Steelhead 7050s come in two flavors. Both …
Not the first WAN acceleration device with SSDs
"sport the first solid state disks used in such an appliance"
Erm, not quite - you're about 6 months late. One of the only UK players in the market (ApplianSys) have been using SSDs since last summer in their high end appliances.
"The next generation of CACHEbox appliances includes the CACHEbox220 and the CACHEbox230, the first web cache servers to use solid state drives (SSD) to deliver over 2,500 HTTP requests per second in the 1U format."
Shame on you El Reg for pimping a US company whilst ignoring UK competitors.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats