Publisher Eidos has confirmed that it has ordered the closure of Championship Manager Online, the web-based version of the long-running popular fantasy football franchise. “We can confirm that CM Online, a joint initiative with Jadestone in Sweden, will be closing from 30 April 2010," the company said in a statement today. News …
When will el-reg get rid of this mandatory title nonsense?
Hardly surprising; the joy of the game is the fact you are managing a team, building them up, with the actual matches themself minimally important, hence the semi-rubbish graphics.
I never did see this one working in the long term on the online sphere.
Championship Manager has been ChampMan in name only.
Eidos retained the name but the team behind it moved on.
Football Manager is the /real/ ChampMan, and all the fans on the original series know it, so it's hardly surprising to see 'Championship Manager' stutter.
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad