Microsoft has announced it will soon no longer support the original Xbox console on its Live online service. From 15 April, Microsoft will "discontinue Xbox Live service for original Xbox consoles and games", according to the software giant’s Major Nelson blog. The decision will also impact Xbox 360 owners - specifically, those …
Live might have had support for the original XBox all these years but no one else did. The original XBox support base died years ago.
Because it've been technically impossible to differentiate consoles for updates so only the shiny new went to 360's wouldn't it.
This is the problem
with buying games where a huge amount of it's playability is its online element.
Such games will now be unsellable and unplayable. 30 quid down the drain.
That's why to this day I have never bought any game that requires online connectivity as it's main draw.
Wish I never bought
... an Xbox 360. The money would've been better invested in PC gaming. Then again, I spent little compared to other people (since I bought a broken xbox and fixed the RROD). Still, I know no one who can sell 512 flash cards at 50 dollars these days besides M$$$$$$.
The best is yet to come? Yeah, for their revenue stream maybe.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it