Feeds

back to article Domain auction house wrestles with alleged shill

Oversee.net CEO Jeff Kupietzky has revealed that the company is in active but pending legal action against the former executive who allegedly fixed tens of thousands of its domain-name auctions under the pseudonym “halvarez." Last week, at the company's Domainfest conference, Kupietzky refused to be drawn on the company’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Alert

Surprise

This is a surprise?

Every business is rigged.

Anonymous Coward

No Honour Amongst Thives

from what I have heard, most auctions are rigged, unless it is really high price or low price. With high price it is quite visible and the auction house cannot take the risk, at low price it is too little to worry about (unless you automate) but still if its low just set a price.

It is mid range stuff, book auctions, antiques etc it is controlled by the dealers and is just a bit of fun for the punter.

I thought everyone knew this!? Oh wait, education is populated and pushed by the ignorant.

WTF?

Now you have me confused.

I thought it was comment pages that were populated with the ignorant, now I learn it's education. Hm.

And it seems there's a global conspiracy of auctioneers of all stripes and kinds, whether a tat shop like eBay, or Google's Adwords, or some doddering pensioners at the village fete. Please tell us more!

It's common

I heard about a number of real estate auctions being investigated for this practice. Ebay used to have plenty of shills, I haven't seen any recently.

This topic is closed for new posts.