Michael Dell's investment tentacle, MSD Capital LP, has acquired the Magnum Photos agency's extensive print archive for an undisclosed sum, Bloomberg reports. The deal secures around 185,000 images representing the work of 103 photographers between the 1930s to 1998. The archive will reside for five years in the Harry Ransom …
Easy mistake to make
He probably thought he was buying up the original prints of Tom Selleck's most famous oeuvre
Right, makes more sense now that I've read the article. I didn't think there were that many Tom Selleck photos out there.
Mines the one with the moustache.
Does that mean MSD has bought all the stock photography, ever? :)
This is just the actual prints, the point of Magnum is that the photographers own the copyright.
He has just bought a set of pretty pictures to look at.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why