Pillar is redesigning its Axiom storage array technology to use NAND flash memory better, with disk drives used for commodity storage. Pillar CEO Mike Workman has blogged "A trend toward SSDs over HDDs will cause all storage arrays to be re-architected. Today’s arrays are not built properly for maximum utilization of the …
What was that all about?
Lets have a competition
To see if we can count the number of people :
1) Who have a pillar array ?
2) Wished they hadn't just bought EMC/HP/IBM/NetApp in the first place ?
If we can count it on two hands for 1) I'd be suprised.
If we can count it more than one hand for 2) I'll be stunned.
Anyone??? Lets get the party started
See Sun F5100 Flash Array
Er, um, I meant:
See Oracle F5100 Flash Array...
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging