Feeds

back to article The Loch Ness Stig gets pixellated

Those readers who live close to Loch Ness are invited to keep an eye out for circling black Google helicopters, since the Great Satan of Mountain View has inexplicably decided that this recent loch-side sighting of Top Gear's The Stig... The Stig captured at Loch Ness on Street View ...would benefit from the application of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Ha Ha

Now I have no idea who that is.

Well done google.

ttfn

Bronze badge
Badgers

what exactly Google is trying to hide

Free advertising of course.. not paid for, therefore blurred.

It's deffinaly a staged shot, the camera car parks in the layby then drives away in opposite directions (see which side of the road it is on!) so if Google didn't stage it, is the Gcar driver pending termination?

Anonymous Coward

Eh?

"Parks in layby and drives away in opposite direction"

Where's your evidence for that.

EH?

"Where's your evidence for that."

On google street view perhaps?

evidence

The clue is in which side of the road the car is moving along. This is in the UK, so if the center line is to the right of the camera position you're looking in the direction the car was moving. Or at least I bloody well hope so!

Silver badge
Black Helicopters

The power of The Stig

Who says Google is to blame? Perhaps The Stig has the ability to pixillate any image of itself? In the original image. there is a smudge in the groinal area which could be the start of the process.

Alien

Re: The power of The Stig

Maybe the Stig is in reality already pixelated, and the blurring was a side effect of Google pixelating an already pixelated image.

Alien

As pointed out the other day..

He does have 'Laughing Man' powers.

Coat

Title goes here

I think you could be on to something, it's noticeable that the Stig never appears in older episodes of Top Gear - it's only been in recent years that the beeb has been able to buy cameras with strong enough shielding to prevent the retrospective pixellation effect of trying to film or photograph him.

OK, OK - I'm going....

Silver badge
Coat

They aren't pixels ...

... they are stigmata!

I'll show myself out...

Black Helicopters

actually...

I think you'll find that the reason the image was pixellated is because Nessie was almost-spottable through the bushes in the background immediately surrounding the Stig.

Stig/Nessie-spotters are therefore welcome to stay at my nearby hotel, in order to clear this mess up. Some rooms still available, book early to avoid disappointment.

Bring your own towels.

Stop

If the Stig had a mouth

he'd probably protest against this "stigatisation".

Jobs Horns

Pixelation?

Are you sure this is pixelation? It looks more like severe gravimetric distortions caused by the Stig's visor not being seated correctly. It's vitally important that the seal around the visor is tight otherwise he starts attracting objects with a mass below 0.46 tons per cubic metre from ranges of up to 31 yards.

Paris Hilton

Stig safe gf

My girlfriend is safe then!

Paris, because the skinny bint was absent when god was handing out flab. Where as my misses went back for seconds.

Anonymous Coward

Some Say

That when you try to take his photograph he appears pixelated. Others that he's covered in compression artefacts.

Or perhaps it's the health and safety police. That isn't a proper nomex race suit, so the HSE have had the picture blurred in case it encourages people to go racing in decorator's overalls.

Some say.....

he's got the power to pixellate all images of himself and that he's the real Loch Ness Monster

all we know, he's called the Stig

Joke

Some say...

Some say he moves so fast that digital cameras can only capture part of his image, being forced to pixellate the rest...

...and that all of his sperm look like Chuck Norris.

FAIL

that has to be

...the worst pixelation ever. Unrequested privacy pixelation FIAL

Anonymous Coward

FIAL?

FAIL!

Coat

But the FIA may be in this conspiracy, too

What does Jean Todt do in his spare time?

Mines the one with the keys for the red SLS in the pocket.

Thumb Up

Some say...

... he IS the Loch Ness monster.

Some say that if he fought the Loch Ness monster, the Loch Ness monster would lose and even buy him a pint afterwards.

Some say, his use of the force makes camera cars drive on the other side of the road.

All we know is... he's call The Stig.

Grenade

Perhaps more importantly...

...if The Stig and Chuck Norris were in a fight, who'd win?

Happy

Stig FTW

Obviously...

after all, he could be Jack Bauer.

Oh, slow news day? Wasn't this posted in the original Stig at Loch Ness article?

Go

Well, clearly....

Chuck would win a *fight*, but surely the real question is who would win a race?!

Gold badge
Grenade

Fundamental problem there.

You are assuming that The Stig is not actually Chuck Norris.

Actually that would explain a lot now, wouldn't it?

Happy

BBC Viral / Guerilla Marketing???

no.....? oh well must just be me then......

Go

That's why it's blurred

The Stig was driving the Google cam car, that's why it's blurred.

Boffin

Beam me up Clarkie

see title

Coat

It isn't blurred

Your astigmatism is playing up, that's all. Return to your homes.

Headmaster

titular admonishment

erm, an astigmatism by itself does not blur vision, it just alters depth perception as the eyeball is distorted. Mine is that bad, I can't even drive as it is difficult to judge distance...

Some Say

That he prowls the shores of Lock Ness.................And that he controls the pixilation of all google images himself. All we know is he is called the Stig.

WTF?

Lock Ness ?

Just because the English can't pronounce it correctly, doesn't mean it is spelt like that.

Now repeat 10 times, Ach and och, go to the loch

Remember it is pronounced just like clearing your throat.

obviously

In Soviet Scotland, The Stig pixellates Google!

Troll

Something to hide

But surely if Google has something to hide it means they have something to fear? As such, the bigger question is what does Google have to fear.

Some say that he is the only thing that scares Google,

all we know is that he's called The Stig.

Some say

He has complete control of his image rights...

... and that he can change things on Google by the power of thought.

Costume.

It's actually Nessie's head and neck stuck through a Stig costume.

Go

Google tried to remove him completely...

...but he has the power to resist, that's why he's just slightly pixilated.

Boffin

Some say...

...that he compresses himself when startled, and that he knows the fastest Fourier transform in existence. All we know is...

Black Helicopters

for those

who want to see in in your own browser window...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=57.226061+-4.572169&mrt=kmlkmz&sll=57.230342,-4.565678&sspn=0.015888,0.055189&g=57.226061+-4.572169&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=United+Kingdom&ll=57.226284,-4.572713&spn=0,359.997253&z=19&layer=c&cbll=57.226109,-4.572287&panoid=ApPA1rwguy7D-Kl8q6i0bw&cbp=12,126.4,,1,13

This topic is closed for new posts.