A computer database containing the personal details of more than 80,000 employees was penetrated by unknown hackers, according to multiple news agencies, citing Iowa's Racing and Gaming Commission. The attack occurred on January 26 "when the state firewall functionality was circumvented due to network routing changes and a …
Ever heard of "defense in depth" ??
No" Didn't think so. Exposing sensitive data because of a router snafu is a Grade A "FAIL"
No sympathy. Get a job doing something unrelated to sensitive data.
Does Iowa's Racing and Gaming Commission have 80,000 employees? Surely that's rather a lot. Does the racing and gaming industry have 80,000 emp loyees and self-employed? Maybe... still seems a lot, but I guess Iowa is big and allows gaming and some states don't. Or is it all persons employed by the state of Iowa?
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market