A computer database containing the personal details of more than 80,000 employees was penetrated by unknown hackers, according to multiple news agencies, citing Iowa's Racing and Gaming Commission. The attack occurred on January 26 "when the state firewall functionality was circumvented due to network routing changes and a …
Ever heard of "defense in depth" ??
No" Didn't think so. Exposing sensitive data because of a router snafu is a Grade A "FAIL"
No sympathy. Get a job doing something unrelated to sensitive data.
Does Iowa's Racing and Gaming Commission have 80,000 employees? Surely that's rather a lot. Does the racing and gaming industry have 80,000 emp loyees and self-employed? Maybe... still seems a lot, but I guess Iowa is big and allows gaming and some states don't. Or is it all persons employed by the state of Iowa?
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia