A computer database containing the personal details of more than 80,000 employees was penetrated by unknown hackers, according to multiple news agencies, citing Iowa's Racing and Gaming Commission. The attack occurred on January 26 "when the state firewall functionality was circumvented due to network routing changes and a …
Ever heard of "defense in depth" ??
No" Didn't think so. Exposing sensitive data because of a router snafu is a Grade A "FAIL"
No sympathy. Get a job doing something unrelated to sensitive data.
Does Iowa's Racing and Gaming Commission have 80,000 employees? Surely that's rather a lot. Does the racing and gaming industry have 80,000 emp loyees and self-employed? Maybe... still seems a lot, but I guess Iowa is big and allows gaming and some states don't. Or is it all persons employed by the state of Iowa?
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean