A computer database containing the personal details of more than 80,000 employees was penetrated by unknown hackers, according to multiple news agencies, citing Iowa's Racing and Gaming Commission. The attack occurred on January 26 "when the state firewall functionality was circumvented due to network routing changes and a …
Ever heard of "defense in depth" ??
No" Didn't think so. Exposing sensitive data because of a router snafu is a Grade A "FAIL"
No sympathy. Get a job doing something unrelated to sensitive data.
Does Iowa's Racing and Gaming Commission have 80,000 employees? Surely that's rather a lot. Does the racing and gaming industry have 80,000 emp loyees and self-employed? Maybe... still seems a lot, but I guess Iowa is big and allows gaming and some states don't. Or is it all persons employed by the state of Iowa?
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action