Cameraphones will sport much improved image stabilisation within a year, lens manufacturer Varioptic has promised. The company has designed its first lens to feature optical image stabilisation (OIS) and yet is also small enough to fit inside a cameraphone. Varioptic expects phone firms to launch handsets featuring the lens, …
can't get that excited about this. It will still be a crap lens.
Even on a £400 camera the image stabilisation doesn't exactly turn me into David Bailey!
If you want sharp pics you need to have a stable hand.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...