The Altix UV massively parallel supers might not be shipping until the third quarter of this year, but Silicon Graphics is lining up customers who want to get the box early. The latest customer to ink a deal for an Altix UV is the United Kingdom's Institute of Cancer Research. Because Intel has yet to launch the "Beckton" eight- …
University of Tennessee
Will that be for their study of the dynamics of grit frying or their real time simulation of the differential mathmatics of musical insturments (banjos).
Ok, it's another Joke Alert...
Luckily, the InfiniteStorage arrays will be able to store more information than the number of atoms in the universe (this, I quote from a Ben Elton book), so the solutions can theoretically be found.
I wonder how long it will be before SGI goes belly up again?
Stick with, (and I hate to say it), HP or IBM for large scale.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!