back to article Google Apps goes loopy on booted-off Premier subs customers

This article was updated to reflect that Google subsequently reported the error had now been fixed. Google Apps business customers who forget to renew their subscriptions are struggling to reconnect to the Premier version of the online suite because of a system error. However, Mountain View - which is aware of the problem - is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

Don't trust Google

There's a lesson to be learnt here - don't trust Google for anything business-critical.

I have an error with my Google Checkout account - I didn't accept an updated license agreement until the day after the deadline. Since then, I haven't been able to get at any of the integration tools (like the error console) because it tells me my account isn't a merchant account - even though it will let me view and update customer orders.

I reported it to Google Checkout support at the start of December, and got a message back saying their technical team are working on it.

I've now sent them 3 e-mails chasing the issue - the last one I didn't even get a response.

Their support sucks big time and is an epic fail for me. I'm now looking at an alternative like Sage Pay or (gasp) PayPal.

The fact they don't give telephone support is just shocking when they're marketing Apps as the MS-alternative.

The two weeks I spent trying to pay for a service...

....is why I went back to using real apps on a computer not relying on unicorns in a cloud :)

FAIL

That's not chocolate

[eom]

Joke

Yeah, were working on that

That bit of code was written by one of the engineers in G-INTERCAL (intercal - see wikkypaedia), but the engineer didn't document it, and is busy working on new exciting dynamic development. When I left </Internet company X> I bet they wiped all my manuals and documentation (of my and other engineers work).

It's a joke, but it isn't very funny.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums