Paddy Power is offering short odds of 11/4 on that Apple's iPad will sell between 2-3 million units in 2010. The Irish bookie, which knows a publicity bandwagon when its sees one, reckons the smart money is on "over two million sales this year, for sure” . It is also offering ever-so-slightly better odds of 3/1 that Apple's …
8/1 under a million, it's a niche market without mass appeal. People who own an iPhone won't need the iPad, people who own netbooks, won't need an iPad. The only people who buy it are people like Stephen Fry who gush about any Apple product no matter how terrible it is.
It doesn't have business Apps like MS office, so no appeal there, it doesn't really have much appeal unless you try to find something specific to use it for, which means it'll end up gathering dust somewhere or another, so my money is on 8/1, under 1m units sold this year.
Under 1 million?
I presume it is referring to global sales, and not UK only?
On the basis that it's global, even if it is extremely niche, it's going to sell more than a million.
Oh it will sell alright, don't worry
Even though the units will be played with for 2 weeks an then used as photo frames, they will sell nicely. It is Apple, and it is shiny.
global, WW scale, 8 789 123 units in the first twelve months after being available WW.
That's the number.
- JLaw, Upton caught in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe