Police use radar guns to snare speeding drivers. Now Nokia has adapted the technology to improve the way people interact with mobile phones. The “active radar sensor” – nicknamed Mobile Radar by Nokia – is capable of measuring speed and direction of movement. The technology behind the sensor is a closely guarded secret, but …
RF fields ?
Reminds me of a Theramin ...
Unlikely to be theramin tech if it can work over more than a meter.
My guess would be LIDAR.
Looks like the shell of an n95, unused chip features? my old n95 somehow developed a sense of how it is held after the second last update. rudimentary, but it does work.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes