Police use radar guns to snare speeding drivers. Now Nokia has adapted the technology to improve the way people interact with mobile phones. The “active radar sensor” – nicknamed Mobile Radar by Nokia – is capable of measuring speed and direction of movement. The technology behind the sensor is a closely guarded secret, but …
RF fields ?
Reminds me of a Theramin ...
Unlikely to be theramin tech if it can work over more than a meter.
My guess would be LIDAR.
Looks like the shell of an n95, unused chip features? my old n95 somehow developed a sense of how it is held after the second last update. rudimentary, but it does work.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL