Feeds

back to article Japanese biometric border check no match for, um, tape

Japan's million-dollar biometric immigration screening systems are still no match for a little ingenuity - and some tape. Two South Korean women have been arrested on suspicion of bypassing a cutting-edge fingerprint reading machine and illegally entering Japan by using special tape bearing the fingerprints other people. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

or no fingerprints

What do they do if someone has no arms? Or has no/illegible fingerprints? Stupid idea really.

Coat

I'm suprised...

...That the author of this piece didn't make a pun along the lines of "Getting figured by immigration officers" or similar.

Mines the one with rubber gloves in the pockets with weird brown stains on the finger tips!

Silver badge

So the tech is getting cheaper

Such a thing used to be reserved for high-level hitmen, international criminal masterminds and James Bond.

Now the nightclub hostesses and illegal immigrants can use them.

Looks like there has been a serious lowering in the tech barrier on that market.

FAIL

Theatre time!

Security for dummies - and money.

Paris Hilton

Oh dear....

I seem to remember a Mythbusters segment where the boys suprised themeslves how sucessful they were in spoofing a highest end door finger print lock.

Paris? well we are talking fingers here aint we....

Bronze badge

but

I seem to remember a Mythbusters segment where the boys suprised themeslves how sucessful they were in spoofing a highest end door finger print lock.

You left out that the low end finger readers were not fooled .

This topic is closed for new posts.