Larry Ellison clearly has a soft spot in his wallet for struggling San Francisco Bay institutions. On Wednesday, Oracle's chief executive finally confirmed long-standing rumors that he's trying to buy the Golden State Warriors, the Oakland, California-based professional basketball franchise. The question is whether the team's …
Why is it ...
That seemingly the only intelligent people on the planet that give a rat's ass about Basketball are people with more money than they know what to do with?
When was the last time you managed to get across any of the bridges from redwood shores in less than 30mins? At least an hour is more reasonable, even without traffic.
Q: What's the difference between Larry Ellison and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Larry Ellison.
Zillionaires love to pour money down ratholes
Now he's going to be paying out to keep a basketball team going, can movie production be far behind? A Larry Ellison production, with Stephen Seagal as a retired cop running a creche on an asteroid about to hit the moon and knock the Earth out of orbit and into a black hole newly created by the LHC under the control of a rogue Vatican priest searching for the secret of the Holy Grail in ancient documents concealed for centuries by the Freemasons and accidentally found by Sandra Bullock's character of a ditzy undercover insurance investigator pursuing phony life insurance claims by a time-traveller's wife (played by Keanu Reeves).
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE