back to article Amazon in 71% profit surge

Amazon simply had a wonderful Christmastime. In the fourth quarter, the mega-etailer pulled in revenues of $9.52bn, a 42 per cent increase from a year ago, while profits hit $384m, a 71 per cent leap. In announcing these Q4 results today - a day after the debut of the Apple iPad - Amazon chief Jeff Bezos couldn't help but …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Grenade

The next cretin to say the R word will have broken teeth

I swear, if I hear any one of our dear managerial c**ts at work use the R word to justify some micromanagement B&D one more time I will earn myself a GBH on my criminal record.

Recession, what recession?

Stop

B0llocks

"According to Bezos, the company sells six Kindle books for every 10 physical books when it carries a title in both formats. And that includes only paid books."

Pull the other one. Never in a million years. 6 to 10 my arse. If that were the case, they'd be seen everywhere. I've never even laid eyes on one.

It's just propaganda. If you say "We sell 10 metric fuck-tons of Kindles a week" then the remark is designed to make the fashion victims go "Oh shit! I better go get one of those!"

Bolarks, I say.

Happy

"And Kindle owners read, a lot.

I read that as "And Kindle owns readers, a lot." - thought Bezos was fessing up about the licence.

Huh!

I have a Kindle and a Sony ereader. Most of the books and all of my subscriptions are on the Kindle. I have a number of friends with ereaders. We are out there and buying.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums