Seagate is diving into PCIe-connected solid state drives via a partnership with LSI. Currently Seagate makes a Pulsar SSD with a 3Gbit/s SATA interface. It fits in a 2.5-inch hard disk drive slot in a disk drive enclosure. A PCIe-connected SSD fits into a server as a plug-in flash card and that's where LSI comes in. It is …
Not surprised. OCZ have a PCI SSD product as well. ioFusion's drives, although fast and first to market, STILL cannot boot an OS. I think ioFusion have missed the boat now. OCZ's product can boot any OS.
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it