Tragedy-struck Haiti is bracing itself for a new wave of woe: a consignment of broken OLPC laptops. "75% of the schools in Port-au-Prince have been destroyed in the recent earthquake, but by good fortune, none of our Haitian team was hurt. They have spare parts and OLPC technical staff and teachers, and stand prepared to deploy …
Does this guy ever have anything positive to say about anything?
Why the broken title
to the story.
"That might be all of them."
I've seen someone using one. So all but one I guess 8-)
But, yeah, why would people, in an emergency situation, want mounds and mounds of broken computers? (As the team in Haiti points out).
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base