Tragedy-struck Haiti is bracing itself for a new wave of woe: a consignment of broken OLPC laptops. "75% of the schools in Port-au-Prince have been destroyed in the recent earthquake, but by good fortune, none of our Haitian team was hurt. They have spare parts and OLPC technical staff and teachers, and stand prepared to deploy …
Does this guy ever have anything positive to say about anything?
Why the broken title
to the story.
"That might be all of them."
I've seen someone using one. So all but one I guess 8-)
But, yeah, why would people, in an emergency situation, want mounds and mounds of broken computers? (As the team in Haiti points out).
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry