Tragedy-struck Haiti is bracing itself for a new wave of woe: a consignment of broken OLPC laptops. "75% of the schools in Port-au-Prince have been destroyed in the recent earthquake, but by good fortune, none of our Haitian team was hurt. They have spare parts and OLPC technical staff and teachers, and stand prepared to deploy …
Does this guy ever have anything positive to say about anything?
Why the broken title
to the story.
"That might be all of them."
I've seen someone using one. So all but one I guess 8-)
But, yeah, why would people, in an emergency situation, want mounds and mounds of broken computers? (As the team in Haiti points out).
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids