StopBadware, the anti-malware project started four years ago at Harvard University’s Berkman Center for Internet and Society, has spread its wings and become a standalone nonprofit corporation. Google, PayPal and Mozilla provided initial (unspecified) funding to get StopBadware Inc up and running. Maxim Weinstein, StopBadware …
...perhaps now they'll get back to administering the list, seen as it's two weeks since they falsely marked one of my sites as malware-ridden, prompting endless pop-ups and confirmation screens in Firefox, and preventing me from using that browser to access my account. Grrr.
Let's hope they can accomplish something
The world needs all the help it can get fighting cybercrime. I only hope they throw their resources into helping rather that trying to reinvent the wheel and promote their brand.
Is that not as destructive as Malware, but a bit worse than naughtywhere ?
My daughter is 2 years old, noisy and destructive.. perhaps pickleware is a suitable class of annoyance..
Cany we just call them Viruses, worms and trojans like in the good old days ?
- Mexican Cobalt-60 robbers are DEAD MEN, say authorities
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more