Feeds

back to article O2 halts Mobile Landline signups

O2 has suspended its popular 'Mobile Landline' service temporarily. The service provides business with a landline number that reroutes to an O2 SIM, without connection charges, an attractive proposition for SMEs. An O2 distie blames "uncertainty regarding one of the current suppliers of the service". Resellers in O2's channel …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

moved to an interim offering

Let me guess, they're temporarily giving out 07xx numbers?

Silver badge
Boffin

Interim Numbers?

Nah more like 09xxx numbers to me.

Alert

Didn't the supplier go belly up?

I would have thought it had something to do with the unfortunate fate of GoHello who I believe were supplying the service.

Thumb Up

Death of a bad idea?

Being Joe Customer I was slightly concerned when I heard this service was going to be launched.

Persoanlly I won'y deal with businesses where only a mobile number is provided because for all I know they could just be a here today, gone tomorrow scally operating out of the back of a van (bad experience with a cowboy bulder some years ago), I'd imagine a lot of people thought like me hence someone came up with this service.

At least if you see an address and landline in addition to a mobile it meant that they were at least linked to a place for the period of time (and yes I meant before VoIP but then again this is so crap noone really uses it as a serious form of business communicaton do they?) but this would mean that it is no longer the case.

I'm sure there are plenty of honourable businesses using this service but fi you want a landline number get a landline as most intelligent customers can tell when they are talking to someone on a mobile and some might be likely to cut the call and not do business because they may get the impression that the business is less than honest.

May it die a swift and permanent death

FAIL

@pctechxp

"and yes I meant before VoIP but then again this is so crap noone really uses it as a serious form of business communicaton do they?"

You mean like many major ISPs, Banks and the like? No, of course not. What could they be thinking!!

Stop

Who wants a Mobile Landline

I do.....also want internet access at a reasonable speed and all in one account and handset......Are there any alternatives to the BT and Virgin offerings ??

This topic is closed for new posts.