Pen and paper remains the simplest and often quickest way of scribbling down messages. Now US-based screen manufacturer Kent Displays has launched a power-free LCD writing tablet designed to reduce the world’s paper use. boogie_board_01 Kent Displays' Boogie Board: create electronic images without power The Boogie Board LCD …
Reduce paper use?
Increase plastic use more like.
I want it. My kids will never get hands off it!
I like it.
Would make a great message board.
I'd love to comment, but I'm too busy uploading their entire amazon gallery to Photoshop Disasters, take a look.
Make this waterproof and you'd have an excellent dive slate
The other reason for paper use may be the price difference?
$30 vs (nearly) free?
Etch a Sketch
Call me old fashioned but Etch a Sketch and similar cheap things (My son has one) do exactly the same with NO power useage.
I had a 'zero power', 'paper-free', 'instant erase' sketching pad about thirty years ago. It came free with a packet of sugarpuffs and had a Honey Monster snakes and ladders game on the reverse.
According to Amazon.com
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system