Truphone has finally launched its Local Anywhere service, providing customers with (multiple) local numbers so they can benefit from local rates. The Local Anywhere service was announced at last year's Mobile World Congress, and promised during 2009, so it's only slightly late. The premise is that customers have multiple phone …
Top idea but...
...local rates are slightly disappointing. 15p to every network in the UK is more-or-less fine, but making a call to say Poland costs 8p to landlines and 20p (!!!) to mobiles. It's even more pricey than similar payg offerings form "big" networks like Vodafone or T-Mobile (both 5p/15p), not to mention MVNOs like Lebara (2p/9p).
Having used Truphone Anywhere happily on Symbian-based handset before, this offer is quite disappointing to me, unfortunately.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Mounties get their man: Heartbleed hacker suspect, 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER