Nokia has redesigned its Ovi Maps navigation software and has decided to stop making users pay for turn-by-turn guidance. It's hard to conclude that this is not simply a response to Google’s creation of Map Navigation, a free route guidance app for Android devices. Ovi Maps Ovi Maps: 3D landmarks help you see where you are …
So when will this Map Navigation be available on the iphone?
Too little, too late
This would be really exciting if their flagship device wasn't unusably buggy and horrid... :(
I've already tried TomTom, Sygic, Garmin, CoPilot, etc on my old but supremely functional N95 8GB, and Ovi beats them all (for me anyway). Paying for route guidance was a pain in the butt though, unless I wanted to be a naughty boy. Well done Nokia !
Whoever said competition is good for the consumers - bless! But what abt the 8 billion paid by them for the firm?? tch tch. What a waste! Why cant they offer cheaper smartphones instead?
Feature price plans?
So, what of those Nokia phone users who paid extra for the 'Comes with Navigation' features now free to all and sundrey?
Personaly, I will be downloading this - always useful when out and about and as its free I wont complain - now whys it sending me right when the sign says next truning on the left?
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked