back to article Amazon 'makes it easier' for authors to DRM Kindle ebooks

Update: This story has been updated to clarify what has changed with DRM and Amazon's Digital Text Platform. No-DRM, Amazon says, was always the default with the platform. Amazon has added a new tool to its Kindle self-publishing service that lets authors and small publishers easily choose between DRM and no DRM when uploading …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Long Fei
    Unhappy

DRM is one thing.

I noticed the DRM option when I loaded my ebook (Free PDF copy at www.TiredofDeath.com btw!), but what I'd *really* like them to do is to make it so I can get paid by Paypal rather than check!

I don't have a US tax number, and I live in China, but if I wish to get online payments I need US tax details. If not, then it's a check, which isn't the best option for anybody. Especially as mail often doesn't reach me out here.

I don't understand why they can send a check and not pay online wihout this information either, it makes no sense to me. They haven't replied to my questions on this yet either.

Still, at least I can publish there now I suppose. We should be thankful for what we've got. :s

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

DRM

Don't

Read

Me

I'll continue to avoid all DRM tech as long as possible.

3. h 6

Hmm.

As a writer, I'd feel like I'd want to protect my work so that I can make money off of it as I rightly should. But if I choose to write something for fun to give out free, then of course no DRM.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like