Apple might not be calling its forthcoming device the iPad, but it is acting to stop anyone else using the name. Fujitsu some months ago launched what it calls an "iPad", aimed at retail environments, prompting Apple to appeal to the US Patent & Trademark office for an extension to the time during which it's allowed to appeal …
The pictured device is the one that Apple use in the UK Apple Stores as 'EasyPay' devices. They're being fazed out now in favour of a custom iPhone application.
*ahem* A Joke
Q. I say, how do you get more Apple fluff to write about?
iSlate is bad? iPad isn't much better.....
Will there be an alternative called the iTampon???????
sounds like some kind of nappy you put on a 90 year old :S
The 27th can't get here fast enough. Isn't anyone else sick of hearing about this mythical iCrap?
BTW, Apple already has a tablet called the Newton. Sucked then and I'm sure Newton mark 2 will be just as much of a yawn.
The term 'iSlate' should have been bought by Microsoft.
As in "I's late" again.
Well, someone had to say it ... might as well be an Apple fanboi.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS