Google's top secret money machine returned to overdrive during the fourth quarter, with the web giant reporting a 17 per cent leap in revenue from a year ago. In October, as the company announced its Q3 earnings, Mountain View chief Eric Schmidt told the world that the worst days of the worldwide recession were over, and clearly …
It could be worse...
instead of googlebashing like hell, consider that Google doesn't have to open source all these things, doesn't have to provide all these great free tools, and doesn't have to give millions to the open source community. They could just pocket the money, like Apple does...
Read your post again
The ONLY reason Google open sources stuff and gives stuff away is so that when they eventually rule the world and tell you exactly what to buy and who from they will have had a long enough period of people saying how good they are and most people won't even notice.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth