Google's top secret money machine returned to overdrive during the fourth quarter, with the web giant reporting a 17 per cent leap in revenue from a year ago. In October, as the company announced its Q3 earnings, Mountain View chief Eric Schmidt told the world that the worst days of the worldwide recession were over, and clearly …
It could be worse...
instead of googlebashing like hell, consider that Google doesn't have to open source all these things, doesn't have to provide all these great free tools, and doesn't have to give millions to the open source community. They could just pocket the money, like Apple does...
Read your post again
The ONLY reason Google open sources stuff and gives stuff away is so that when they eventually rule the world and tell you exactly what to buy and who from they will have had a long enough period of people saying how good they are and most people won't even notice.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base