Google's top secret money machine returned to overdrive during the fourth quarter, with the web giant reporting a 17 per cent leap in revenue from a year ago. In October, as the company announced its Q3 earnings, Mountain View chief Eric Schmidt told the world that the worst days of the worldwide recession were over, and clearly …
It could be worse...
instead of googlebashing like hell, consider that Google doesn't have to open source all these things, doesn't have to provide all these great free tools, and doesn't have to give millions to the open source community. They could just pocket the money, like Apple does...
Read your post again
The ONLY reason Google open sources stuff and gives stuff away is so that when they eventually rule the world and tell you exactly what to buy and who from they will have had a long enough period of people saying how good they are and most people won't even notice.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe