Feeds

back to article Google explains China Syndrome by advertising - on Google

Google is serving up an explanation of its China syndrome difficulties amongst its sponsored search results - but has apparently balked at the idea of pouring its marketing budget into Bing or Yahoo!'s pockets. Searchengineland spotted that users tapping 'Google China' into Google will see the usual slew of results, as well as a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

A mixed bag

They bought ads from the market leader, and I suspect at a sensible discount. Not newsworthy!

And China needs to understand that it's no great feat to welcome those who agree with you and bow to your interpretation of the law.

However, the sentence about shillings needs to be nominated for some kind of award: best double-use of uncommon word?

Anon, as Google and China are always listening!

FAIL

Shrilling

"However, the sentence about shillings needs to be nominated for some kind of award: best double-use of uncommon word?"

Not being British I cannot tell for sure - but I would expect that Shilling is still a common word in the UK - as it was a common currency element and all. (Being Amirican and all - I can't figure out what it was worth compared to the £.)

Silver badge
Badgers

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

2 1/2d, or 2.5 old pence. Post-decimalisation, the shilling coin ended up being used as a 5p piece right up until the even newer mini-size 5p bits were minted.

So now you know!

A «speech by [US] Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on internet freedom»

Translation : an oxymoron sponsored by the RIAA and the MPAA....

Henri

Silver badge
IT Angle

More likely...

"However, the firm appears to have limits on exactly who it wants to get its message out to, and users of lesser search engines are not on its radar."

More likely, they just don't think it's worth spending the extra money trying to reach the 1-2% of internet users who don't search using Google who may also be searching on things related to Google and China.

Common sense

They probably assumed that anyone incapable of changing their default search engine from Binghoo to something decent is too dumb to understand their message.

This topic is closed for new posts.