It was a good day at the office yesterday for Rambus; it made $900m when Samsung caved in on the eve of a court case, which the Korean firm had planned to fight alongside Hynix and Micron. Rambus, which develops and licenses memory technology, has been in dispute for many years with a variety of leading semi-conductor firms …
Look out, here comes RDRAM 2
The whole idea of JEDEC was to create standards for connecting electronic components without risk of surprise lawsuits from patent trolls. Rambus have demonstrated that JEDEC's procedures can be profitably subverted. This will cause a stampede of lawyers each trying add their own tax to consumer electronics. There is a good reason why Rambus is a dirty word in the electronics industry.
God damn it all to fragging hell! When are these guys going to die off?! I absolutely hate patent trolls and the only thing I hate more, is sleazy patent trolls.
This cash will ensure that these crusted cloacae will be in operation for quite some time to come.
I don't see what their contribution is. Every single one of their products has been a failure and are designed with vendor lock in mind.
This is just sad...
doesn't get lower then this.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops