Strangely, on the day Pillar formally announces its faster Axiom with boosted controller performance, EMC has announced denser CLARiiON and Celerra arrays with 2TB drive support. The higher-density CLARiiON CX4s have double the capacity of existing systems in half the floorspace, due to a new rack design. They support 2TB SATA …
Doesn't replace CX4-240
As FC drives don't currently fit in the 390 per rack form factor, only the lower powered SATA ones.
It's just an expansion rack
It's just an expansion rack, not a new model. Can be attached to any CX4-480 or CX4-960.
FC drive support has to do with heat generation rather than form factor.
1) The new high density CX4 configurations do not replace __any __ of the products in EMC's CX4 portfolio. The two high density configurations are additives and complimentary offerings.
2) The Celerra Gateway high density configurations are available today----it's the Celerra unified models that will be available later this year.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip